eggs not turned

4 Silkies and 2 Showgirls out with 2 more external pips. I will tell you the first little silke that hatched was very wet and covered with albumin. I don't think it was a humidity issue as I run a lower humidity then most recommend. I think I could have been due to hatching early. I usually hatch on day 20 but this little one was out abut 8 hours early. The other chicks were not wet or sticky.

At this point with this hatch alone I do not believe not turning the eggs had adverse effects on my hatch.
hu.gif
One never knows till you try.

Good luck with your eggs sweetie!

We left for over a week so my eggs didnt get turned and I had a great hatch rate. This time however is not turning out so good. We had temperatures go up and down in the incubator to the point they reached 108. So far I have had 10 hatch 2 died right now I have 8 live chicks out of 54 eggs. I have another one hatching but they are WAY late. To the point I was ready to throw them out and then one little guy decided to hatch after him they were popping like popcorn. LOL I really dont think turning is as important as constant temp and good humidity at the end. That is just my personal opinion though.

Well yesterday was hatch day. I had 5 total hatch out of 24 eggs. I left the rest of the eggs in there and nothing today. Should I pull them tomorrow?

Last edited:
I put about 120 quail in the hatcher tuesday evening. when i opend the bator to turn off the turners i noticed one that the motor was cool .. i candled and put them in the hatcher and checked the turner and the motor was burned out i dont know hot long it has been off so dont know how long they went without being turned . i had two trays with turners and happen to keep the eggs in seperate trays in the hatcher and so far i have had exatly the same number hatch in each tray.. so maybe turning is overrated ..

I usually leave them in the incubator until day 25. A few hatches ago on day 23 when I was going to take the 3 eggs that were left and toss them but I hadn't turned off the incubator yet. I thought I would candle the eggs first so I took them out and when I went to candle one it started peeping I turned the egg over and there was a little hole on the bottom that I couldn't see when it was in the incubator. I picked off the shell around the same line the chick would normally zip and placed the egg in a moist paper towel and a little while later it hatched. I was so happy when it hatched more or less unassisted.

Back
Top Bottom