Eggs not turning

emalin

Songster
7 Years
Jan 12, 2014
Sierra Nevada Foothills, California
I’m using a mini incubator with auto-turner that has worked well for me in the past. But I put a bunch of fat Marans eggs in there and realized, 12 days in, that they are not turning, just going for a ride. They are too fat and kind of sit on top of the tray. I’m turning manually now, but wondering if there is any hope this far in. Thanks.

I’m using a mini incubator with auto-turner that has worked well for me in the past. But I put a bunch of fat Marans eggs in there and realized, 12 days in, that they are not turning, just going for a ride. They are too fat and kind of sit on top of the tray. I’m turning manually now, but wondering if there is any hope this far in. Thanks.
Any info on how often I should be hand-turning each day? Thanks.

Your hatch rate will be affected by this. But even unturned eggs do hatch, just at a lower rate.
Turn at least 3x a day, aim for an odd number of times to make sure they're not spending the long night stretch on the same side each time. I turn every 2hr if I'm home.
Good luck! I hope some make it.

Did you candle them? I know it's hard with a darker egg. Keep turning them yourself you'd be surprised at what your faith in those eggs can accomplish.

You can float them In water

Well, on youtube there is quite a lot of rather risky nonsense to be found and even more "expertise" by people who obviously do not have a clue about the topics they wafle about.

Back
Top Bottom