Eggs on Ebay

TheNewMrsEvans

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Big Sur, CA
I've seen in a few places that eggs are mislabeled on Ebay. I'm trying to talk to one of the sellers who says the eggs are RIR, but the pics look like Red Sex-links...then I found another one same problem. Some don't have pics at all. How many of you have bought eggs on Ebay? How many were what you wanted?

Quote:
Well then... I am going to watch this thread. I have considered buying RIR eggs off of ebay several times but have never heard that the eggs might not be what was being represented.

My experience buying eggs on Ebay has been very good. I've purchased
at least 18 batches of eggs ranging from a dozen Welsummers to 100
quail. My last purchase was for Americaunas that were actually EE's.
Oh well, I paid $15 shipped for them and got a great winter hatch of
little cuties.

Now of course my best eggs have always come from members of BYC.
wink.png

Quote:
There are some excellent breeders here on BYC... Post that you want RIR eggs and I bet you would get some great response with legitimate pictures
wink.png

Hugs and good luck
Christina

There is one seller of barred rocks on there that FINALLY after much prodding admitted that her picture was not actually of her birds but just "representative of the breed" --but not until I named the person she stole the picture from. The photo is a prize-winner, but this person's birds sure are not!!! You cannot expect her birds to look anything like the photos in her auctions because she does not own the birds in the photos.

Pips & Peeps, who raises show quality Ameraucanas, had the photo from her avatar stolen and used on Ebay auctions.

You cannot trust the photos are of the actual stock unless the seller specifically says they are their birds. Ebay is very much a "buyer-beware" situation. Unless I KNOW the seller, I just don't risk it.

Rusty

I have had mixed luck. I got great runner duck eggs and a variety of different breeds of chickens. In some cases the birds are just what they were supposed to be, in other cases I was not given either the correct breed, color egg, or both.

All of my purchases the good ones were from sellers that I later found out were here on BYC so my advise is to look here first. Good luck
smile.png

I have gotten quail eggs and had good luck...now I was going to buy some chicken eggs from a person and they claimed they always had eggs and chicks available...tried to get chicks from them as I would be in their area...they never replied to me...made me think that their fertility probably wasn't so great. Also have seen folks claiming 100% hatch rates and well...I just don't even go any further with them than reading

Back
Top Bottom