Eggs or birds

Do think that chickens that are pretty are better than chickens who lay pretty eggs?

• Total voters
I am debating this very question now! In my chick order (I am keeping a handful and the rest are going to thr family farm), we have pretty birds, and pretty egg layer breeds, and friendly birds. I’ve told myself I want 1 pretty bird, 1 pretty egg breed, and the 3 friendliest chicks. Lol. I have found that the pretty breeds (Speckled Sussex, Blue LRW, Lavender Orpington) have just regular tan eggs. Luckily we have some CCL, WTB, WTG, EE & OE, so I am keeping fingers crossed that there will be a super pretty & friendly one in that bunch!

Why decide?

With all the chicken breeds there are, it's possible to have pretty birds that also lay pretty eggs.

(Note, I think most egg colors are pretty, and I think at least half of chicken breeds are pretty, so I may have an extra-easy time finding chickens that please me in those respects.)

I would definitely choose pretty birds over pretty eggs. I have Easter eggers and get a few different shades of shell color and it's not neat to me any more because now it's normal. But I do enjoy having a wide variety of birds in my flock.

Back
Top Bottom