Eggs rolled out

KC8

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2023
Hi we have a hen sitting on 23 eggs.
She has hatched out 10 gorgeous babies the first was around 30hrs ago and the last about 3hrs ago.

She is fed up and super tired!! She isn't rolling the eggs under herself any more and a few aren't even under her now. Is this just exhaustion, does she not want them or perhaps they are no good?

They were candled at about 12 days and all looked OK. But haven't touched them since.
I'll attach a photo to show you.

Would love e any help please and should I be interfering and getting them under her or leave her be?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20231002_115817.jpg
    20231002_115817.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20231002_120916.jpg
    20231002_120916.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 5
agreed. The chicks are taking up the space where those eggs were. You could pop them in an incubator/hatcher to let them hatch and then give the babies back. 23 is a lot of eggs!

I think she may have too much stuff under her.
Thank you I forgot to update this evening.
So she ended up fully abandoning the last 13 eggs.... I went out and they were cold and she had moved her babies about 30cms away. There was one egg that had pipped so I worried and eventually git it under her and it's now night time here so she will stay put until morning I'll set my alarm really early and go check as the sun comes up and hopefully it will be OK. The chick was alive and pipping even though the egg was cold. Worried about humidity though but best thing is being under her now so fingers crossed.
The other eggs I brought inside. She was much happier without so many!!! I warmed them and have candled them now.
2 Hadn't developed past a few days.
5 Had quit about 14 days in by the look
5 I can't actually tell I don't think they are any good though but have incubated them incase. Will give them 2 more days and check again before removing them.

But for now we have 10 beautiful babies 🐣 and hopefully one more tomorrow.

Not a planned hatch!! She was dumped here and we have adopted her. The neighbours rooster was here alot! Then she went missing and we found her already on them 🤦‍♀️ so didn't want to take any away

Appreciate the help everyone thank you

She hatched this sweet baby out safely during the night. So happy. The babies came over this morning when I went and sat in the little coop with her.
Happy mumma hen today and super hungry

Attachments

• 20231003_062248.jpg
    20231003_062248.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom