Eggs set today 9/21/11 anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Barbedwirecat, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    YAY just set my eggs in the incubator! 21 (hope I counted right lol!)

[​IMG]
    Waiting on the temp to go back up, trying not to fiddle with it!

I had some shipped from DipsyDoodleDoo and should be getting some interesting naked neckers! This will be my first hatch of chicken eggs.

Anyone else set today?

2. Stuck in the Coop

Stuck in the Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    North Central, MO
    I set my first eggs today also [​IMG] I have Buff Orps, Sizzles and Easter Eggers. They will be joined by some Frizzles tomorrow (hoping they get here). My 'bator will be over full, but what the heck. Go for broke!

Good Luck with your hatch!

3. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    I'm just hoping after all I have read I am getting my temps right. Good luck to you as well!!

4. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Quote:[​IMG] I had to look twice at the top pic; at first the empty spots looked like eggs with grid marked "smilies" painted on them. [​IMG]

5. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Yeah, I just put in another 4 dozen;-)

6. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I just received two dozen eggs I completely forgot I ordered off of Ebay [​IMG] One dozen lavendar split ameraucanas and 12 lavendar Orpington eggs. I also have going from Charm1704 - Glenda - 13 Lavendar Orpington Eggs that were candled yesterday and look amazing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and 9 of her beautiful black copper marans eggs [​IMG] . They were set last week on the 15th. I think 3 of the marans are clear but they are so beautifully dark I will leave them just to be sure! So I'll join you too [​IMG]

7. mopargal1972

mopargal1972 Double K Poultry

I set 7 eggs tonight as well. 4 Seramas and 3 Silkies. Good luck everyone! Here are pics of the parents:
    Seramas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silkies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    I'll be setting eggs today too. I'm setting 39 eggs. I'll have Splash Orpingtons, Lavender Orpingtoons and Penciled Wyandottes. I've been having really crappy hatches lately so I'm trying a new technique this time around. [​IMG] Good luck on your hatch everybody!

9. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I put a dozen eggs under a broody hen on Tuesday night. This is my first time hatching, so I am kind of nervous. I have a lot of reading to do before they are here, so I will definitely be hanging out in the incubating and hatching section for the next few weeks. Good luck everyone! Let's share pictures when they arrive! [​IMG]

10. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] No, eggs hatching right now, but best "hatching" wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by