Eggs skinny side up with live chicks

merissalee16

Hatching
Mar 22, 2017
Ok so I am freaking out, I'm new to incubating eggs, and I put the eggs upside down in the incubator. They are about 2 weeks along I have multiple chicks that u can clearly see when candling that are alive and moving. Can I rotate them to the correct way without harming them more??? All of these eggs were fresh same day eggs. (If that makes a difference) I have some new eggs I just put in that are correct. I'm just terrified that if I flip the 2 week old eggs I may tramatize them.

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! As an incubating rookie myself, I always refer to he experts in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs You might consider posting there.
Best wishes and happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

G’Day from down under merissalee16
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry that I have no incubator experience, only hatches under a broody hen but those eggs seem to survive a multitude of position changes, knocks and kicks
wink.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone!! I laid them on their side and they both hatched, one didn't make it because it looked like it didn't absorb all of the yoke and I was not home when it happened :( the other came yesterday, and is a bit defored, but seems to be doing very well.I am trying to give as much supportive care as possible, and making sure we keep value of life best as I can. It is a hen so as long as she can give me the want to live I'm going to do my best to keep her alive. Thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom