eggs still not hatched

cotoletta

Songster
7 Years
Jul 17, 2014
London England
My hen has been sitting on 3 of hers eggs for 21 days now and i have not heard a peep out of them. I have hatched eggs twice before in an incubator with great success and this is my first time letting my hendo it herself. Im sooo paranoid thaT they wont hatch for some crazy reason. Ive candeled them so i know there are developing chicks.
I cant hear any cheaping and there are no pips yet.
Anyone had similar experience?

My hen has been sitting on 3 of hers eggs for 21 days now and i have not heard a peep out of them. I have hatched eggs twice before in an incubator with great success and this is my first time letting my hendo it herself. Im sooo paranoid thaT they wont hatch for some crazy reason. Ive candeled them so i know there are developing chicks.
I cant hear any cheaping and there are no pips yet.
Anyone had similar experience?
Are you sure it's been 21 days? My hens always surprise me, either early or late. I agree with the above posts. The broody knows what to do

I'm pretty sure its21 days. I think I will hang on for a couple more days to see what happens . I'm sure I will update this thread with whether they hatch or not. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon there will be some sort of movement with it all.

Hi, I have checked my hen this morning ... She was sitting in the eggs. I went back inside to fill their feed up and when I came back out she was up and the eggs where spread out across the laying box. They were cold too, not warm like normal when she gets up. Also, there was soooo many red mites festering underneath her and I'm annoyed as I usually keep right on top of it. Once I get back from work tonight I will sort the mite issue temporarily until the weekend when I blast the hell of the coop.
Are cold eggs an issue or do mites have anything to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom