Eggs too cold?

ChelseysChicken

Songster
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
North TX
Been leaving eggs in nest in hope of my faithful brooder to go broody and SHE HAS!!! Only concern is the eggs sat in nest over night it got very cold and now she wants to sit on them.. Did the cold get to them already? I did a few freshly laid ones to her just wonder if the two that were there first will be viable? Thanks for any feedback!

Been leaving eggs in nest in hope of my faithful brooder to go broody and SHE HAS!!! Only concern is the eggs sat in nest over night it got very cold and now she wants to sit on them.. Did the cold get to them already? I did a few freshly laid ones to her just wonder if the two that were there first will be viable? Thanks for any feedback!
Depends on how cold- cold is. I took 2 eggs from the fridge eggs and incubated them on my last hatch. They both developed, but one (with a wonky air cell) quit at day 3. I was curious as I had heard that people had incubated refridgerated eggs, so I had to test it myself. If it was freezing or below, I would guess no, If it was 40 or above I would think there's a chance.

Hi

Would any. One know. If I move my hen out of the coop with her eggs to other area and it's cold out would any thing happen to the eggs or the hen not wanting to sit because I moved and touch them. I want to move them and the hen out of the coop and flock.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom