Eggs under broody due to hatch today...can't sleep!!

baldie

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Douglas, MA
Hi all! I am soooo excited
ya.gif
I have eggs under a broody hen that are due to hatch today!! I can't sleep! I went to bed at midnight and here it is 3:49 a.m. and I am wide awake!! I can't wait to see my little fluffy butts!!
P.S. She is a blue cochin sitting on 3 silkie eggs!
love.gif

Ha, ha!! I am so anxious!! I hope she's gonna be a good mom!! Plus it is so cold here today, I am nervous they will get cold!!

CONGRATS!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
yeah you should go to bed, I remember last time I incubated eggs and they were due to hatch that day so I slept like at 8pm and woke up at 9pm lol and I just saw that they had pips! so I just stood there for hours and hours and the first chick to hatch was at 12pm the next day!!!!! I just wasted time lol
lau.gif
but yeah its really exciting! again congrats!
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
no, the hen will keep them very warm! can I ask a question? are those baldie babies? ...I would guess that baldie is a rooster right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!! This is my first time with a broody! I usually do the hatching in the incubator, but then she went broody and I got excited. She is only in my porch so I can keep checking on her!! I know I am most likely sitting up for nothing, but I can't sleep anyway!! And where better to spend your sleepless nights than on BYC!!

No, I tried putting eggs in the bator that I thought were his and none hatched that were his so I have no Baldie Babies:( I wish they were!!
hit.gif

No, I have no idea. He was fine, dancing when I said his name the way only a mom can! The next day I opened the coop and found him on the floor. It looked as though he tried to get down from the roosting poles and hit his head. Not sure though. He was my baby. I had nursed him back to health when he was little due to being pecked. 7 months later hes dead??

Back
Top Bottom