Eggs via FedEx Ground?

BawGock

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Idaho Panhandle, USA
I have never shipped eggs but I'm curious if any one ever uses FedEx Ground?
With our business I use them all the time (about 50 times a year) to ship artwork and have had only 3 paintings damaged in about 8 years.
I also ship tons of homemade canned jams in jars and they have never broke a jar but I am also very good at packing jars.
Here I'm singing the praises of FedEx Ground, maybe someone has had just the opposite experience.
Carolyn

I ship from the northern tip of Idaho to southern California and it arrives in 3 days.
But that is route I'm familiar with and that is during the week.
If I ship on Mon. or Tues. it arrives that week, three days later. Weds or later is does have to wait out the weekend.
You can go to their site and it will give you ETAs.
Carolyn

The worst experience I've ever had with shipped eggs was with FedEx. I'll just say that no matter how you ship them with FedEx, even if they COULD be delivered early they probably won't be.
I had eggs shipped FedEx 3 day Express on a Wednesday, they arrived 60 miles from my home on Friday at the FedEx hub. But since they weren't "scheduled" for delivery until Monday, they were left off of the truck on that Friday and sat at the hub all weekend. Plus, when I called FedEx to find out if I could go pick them up myself, I was told no. I will NEVER recommend FedEx to anyone, period. Just my $ .02.

Now I've had worst luck shipping FedEx Overnight and with their Ground service.
That would burn me up knowing that the eggs were stuck over night in a hub or parked truck all weekend!
Carolyn

Now I've had worst luck shipping FedEx Overnight than with their Ground service.
That would burn me up knowing that the eggs were stuck over night in a hub or parked truck all weekend!
Carolyn
Tried editing and ended up quoting myself!

Last edited:
I got some eggs from a guy that only used Fed Ex Ground. They have a 3 day service I believe. The great thing is the shipments are insured and you can get reimbursed for the total cost not just shipping cost. I was very happy and my hatch rate was 90%.

Back
Top Bottom