Eggs...Where are they!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickMagnet09, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ChickMagnet09

ChickMagnet09 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Minnesota
    My chickens are just beginning to start laying or at least one of the eight is. She laid her first egg last monday then another on wednesday buy I haven't gotten any since. But it has snowed and I did have to change a couple things in their coop, will that affect them laying eggs?

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    The fact that she just started is enough....in the beginning laying is not regular, even later it can change due to less daylight hours, health, changes in environment, molting, age etc. Most chickens do;t lay an egg every day. If you check out breed info, it will tell you for many breeds of chickens how many eggs on average to expect. Sometimes chickens don't lay in the nestboxes either. But I would not expect an egg every day, depending on the breed may skip a couple of days.....Chickens also don't seem to like change....mine disliked being moved, even though the new coop is much nicer, roomier and safer. They fussed for a few days [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Mine did that too.... just wait... the third week the eggs came real good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by