Eggs with traces of blood

JulianaRussini

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 7, 2015
Hello I have 2 roosters, 1 chicken, 4 chicks, 3 hens that are already putting and 5 pullets, hens never opened one of the eggs because I have interest in strikes them, the other two since they began to lay notice bloodstain in thereof. In literature believed was normal, the other day I noticed the henhouse bloody stool and I began treatment with Terramycin (Oxytetracycline), put the recommendation of packing for 5 days in the water of the birds, as I saw that still had a trace of blood in the stool after five days that I stopped with the drug, I retraced the treatment for another 7 days.
In the packaging orders discard the eggs during the treatment and for a further 5 days following completion. I have broken the eggs this time to check how they were, and after the the 2nd day of treatment those the blood of stains on the eggs disappeared, returning After finishing .
In the store that sells products for chickens were unable to indicate me a treatment and herein in my region has no veterinarian who take care of chickens. Could you help me with a treatment? Thanks

Eggs with traces of blood

Blood in the stool can be a symptom of coccidiosis, a sign of caplillaria worms, or it could be shed intestinal lining, depending on how much or what it looks like. A picture may help. Coccidiosis is treated with Amprollium or Corid. Here is a good article to read about both meat spots in the albumen and blood in the yolk: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems

Back
Top Bottom