eggs wont hatch

fowl32

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
I am incubating 12 eggs. After the 14th day i candeled them all and 1 was not developing so i threw it out.. the other 11 were fine.

Ok at the 18th day i took them off the turner like i was supposed to. but on the 21st day none hatched.

I waited 4 more days and nothing.

so on the 26th day i opened one egg and the chick was fully developed but dead inside it looked just fine except its belly was very squishy and its bottom was really poofed out. What happened to the chicks, or what could have caused this.

thanks guys for the fast replies, but yea the air cells were going perfect.

And i cant tell about humidity, i filled the humidity trough at the bottome of my incubator when it was low, and there was no condensation anywhere so i was thinking my humidity was fine.

How can i tell when the humidity is not right?

oh and i forgot one think there is one chick left that i think is not dead from the batch. He is still in the egg roling around and chirping loud.
hes been doing this for 2 days now.
but its been 26 days
what should i do with him?

Quote:
i would watch him but if you see that the chirping is less i would intervene. its not like he cant be fully developed by day 26 right? i dont really know though im a newbie at this . that is just waht i would do. hopefully someone else with more experience can hep more

Hmm... 26 days and chirping in the egg... was your temps high enough?

I was just thinking the same thing.​

Back
Top Bottom