Eggs

Bubba2134

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2018
We have been getting over 100 eggs a day from all the quail. One of our flocks we get over 30 eggs a day and the last 2 weeks we barley get 10 a day. We feed a high breeder feed. What do u think is causing the problem?

Don't know where you live or your temps but I think the heat effects my girls. This is the second summer that they have slowed down considerably. They laid well all winter long, spring has a few going broody and my small production just... slows to almost 1/2 of what I was getting. I don't use layer, just oyster on the side.

Last edited:
Don't know where you live or your temps but I think the heat effects my girls. This is the second summer that they have slowed down considerably. They laid well all winter long, spring has a few going broody and my small production just... slows to almost 1/2 of what I was getting. I don't use layer, just oyster on the side.
I live in middle Southwest Missouri I have them in a barn with light. All my others are still producing pretty close to there number

Back
Top Bottom