Eggs

gonefishin1st

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2021
We just picked up our first Rooster and I had a question regarding fertilized eggs. Once the rooster has been in a there for a minute and we are getting fertilized eggs, we have been told to put them in the refrigerator to stop the embryo from developing. Once in the fridge, can they be taken out again and placed/left on the counter? Or do they need to be kept in the fridge from there forward? Thanks!!

Welcome to BYC. Do not put them in the refrigerator. They will not start developing until incubated at a warm enough temperature. Store them at a moderate humidity and temperature until you are ready to incubate, and then start the incubation.

Welcome to BYC. Do not put them in the refrigerator. They will not start developing until incubated at a warm enough temperature. Store them at a moderate humidity and temperature until you are ready to incubate, and then start the incubation.
I meant for the purpose of eating the eggs. If they are fertilized and we want to eat them I would like to avoid having an embryo in the egg. So if I wanted to stop the process I was told to put them in the fridge for 24 hours. My question is if they have been in the fridge, can I take them back out and keep them on the counter again? Or is this not necessary at all?

Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom