nancypo

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Boise
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone know what color the eggshells would be from my red and black sex linked hens? I got my first egg today!!! Trying to id the mom
smile.png

Do you happen to know the breeds of the parents of your sex links? Odds are it won't help but if the parents are unusual it might make a difference. There are a very large number of breeds that can make sex links, but most of them will lay brown eggs of some shade.

My red sex link lays the dark eggs in the front of this picture. She's is a wonder of nature. She has missed only a handful of days since December.

38106_first_eggs.jpg

Well, I figured out who mom is:) My one red sex link was squaking really LOUD while I was doing yard work and getting ready to leave. I had put her and the other 2 in the tractor. So I gave them some snakcs and she still kept yakking! So I decided to let them out for 15 mins. Sarah immediately went to the side of the house digging a hole to sit in, then somewhere else. Since I knew I had to go soon, I told then to "go inside" their cue to the coop. She RAN to the coop, dug a hole is trying to make a nest. It's funny. She also pushing hard, I can see her feathers twitching. I think an egg is on it's way! Hopefully she'll be ok so far she gathering little pieces of straw around her while she sits. Too funny! Unless the other ones laid and this is her first egg, she must be #1 mom and she is the largest... I just found her sitting on the egg!!! Will add a pic!

Back
Top Bottom