Eggsponential Chicken Math

Manhen

Songster
Jul 15, 2019
Illinios
Let's see, to get a colored egg basket and continue to propagate the breeds to do so....I will need a hundy birds.
(May 2019)

It's a lot of work to propagate a breed. Can't make sense to do it for 8 more laying hens of that breed....
(May 2020)

So I think if the roosters and hens are willing I can breed 4 breeds this year. My neighbor has 5 RIR hens and will take my RIR rooster that I may have 2 hens for. I may get my single Buff Orp hen to mate with my top cock in the flock Marco Pollo rooster.

I am now collecting Leghorn eggs and cycling them into the incubator, I expect that 86 will be incubated...48 roosters, and 48 hens. I will have 36 to spare. The Welsumers lay slower so there will be fewer, probably half.

Those friends of everyone you know, the Dominques will yield somewhere in the middle. Not cheep cheep. I hide that.

What is your ultimate goal at this time?
Fill my barn has been a goal for several decades, just at one time I wanted it to be a full of tools and a Vette, but now it's chickens. The 454-4 speed sits in a garage waiting for a timing chain. Wanna buy a rooster? It's 25K and comes with a car. :D

Back
Top Bottom