Eggstra Eggstra...

Taterrtots

Chirping
5 Years
May 21, 2015
Hello! We are new to chickens. I was surprised and given 20 new chicks on Mother's Day. What an awesome present! I have been wanting to get chickens for years but had to wait until we moved somewhere they were allowed. We have 10 Barred Rocks and 10 Rhode Island Reds, they are about 3 weeks old now. They were just a few days old when we brought them home. "Chicken TV" is great! I've noticed the Rhode Island Reds are growing faster and seem to have more feathers than the Barred Rocks. I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about my feathered friends.

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate What a lovely Mother's Day present you received. Different breeds do feather out and grow at different rates, so as long as they are all eating and drinking well and looking healthy I wouldn't be concerned.
Lots of reading/learning available in the learning centre ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you decided to join Backyard Chickens!
frow.gif

Feel free to ask any questions, there is a lot of great info here, I'm sure you'll find answers.
D.gif

Have fun with your chicken adventure!
jumpy.gif

A wonderful Mother's Day gift, indeed - sidenote, birthdays, Mother's Day, etc are all great times to advocate for flock expansion moving forward
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom