Eggtopsy: What happened to my egg? {Graphic Pictures}

Pics
Wow I just did an Eggtospy yesterday... and kept it to myself 'cause I thougt I might be odd. Well I am odd but it seems I'm in good company. I learned from yesterday but so much more from this thread. Thank you...

Thought I would share, since I havent seen any one this... hope it helps someone! silkies

SHIPPED EGGS with Air Cells detatched and moving end to end apon arival....

First pic shows one tiny sappy spot day 3 on middle egg on the right, candle just showed blob in next pic, 3rd pic is eggtopsy just looks all scrambled,

the last pic is a day five with detatched cell at day 5 if you look close you can see the seep spot on the egg shell and this one had "run" down in my bator a little.

DAY 10 candle.... two blobs bubbles air sacks, one infertal moving thick airsackS

Culled the rest of the eggs and they are all silkie REDS and unfertile...... here is that pic, looks like I just sent them into a fryin pan!! and they been stewin for 14 days!!

Last edited:
Ummmm..... Hai..... This is my second incubation (I wish I had taken pics of my dirt when I did my eggtopsies but I was too traumatized of my dead chicks) but I'm going to take se pics this time. I had cracked open a few eggs a few days ago- one had a simple blood ring around it am no more, one was infertile, and one had an extremely small chick embryo that looked like it died on day 3 or 4. I have 11 eggs in the bator now, but I had a temp drop to 95 and I don't know how long it was for but it could've been around 6-8 hours. When I came home and saw the incubator temp so low, I freaked and did an immediate candle. I checked my 2 oldest eggs that were around day 9 or 10 first, and I can't tell if they're alive or not. I'll try to post some pics. The rest looked like they had been developing, but I dunno. I need help with my incubation!!!

I wish I had taken some pics of the eggtopsy I just did tonight. I had a chick DIS after internal pip, that never piped externally - all I can figure is it just couldn't break the shell. I could hear it peeping like crazy monday morning ... should have piped externally by monday night. I decided to poke a hole and see what was going on tonight - and it was gone.

Ummmm..... Hai..... This is my second incubation (I wish I had taken pics of my dirt when I did my eggtopsies but I was too traumatized of my dead chicks) but I'm going to take se pics this time. I had cracked open a few eggs a few days ago- one had a simple blood ring around it am no more, one was infertile, and one had an extremely small chick embryo that looked like it died on day 3 or 4. I have 11 eggs in the bator now, but I had a temp drop to 95 and I don't know how long it was for but it could've been around 6-8 hours. When I came home and saw the incubator temp so low, I freaked and did an immediate candle. I checked my 2 oldest eggs that were around day 9 or 10 first, and I can't tell if they're alive or not. I'll try to post some pics. The rest looked like they had been developing, but I dunno. I need help with my incubation!!!
Sorry to hear this.... Come on over to thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/704328/diary-notes-air-cell-detatched-shipped-eggs There is alot of info we are gathering as well as pictures and links to help not only shipped eggs but incubation period!! I just put more eggs in the bator so we will be there a while yet!

Back
Top Bottom