Eggtopsy: What happened to my egg? {Graphic Pictures}

Pics
What was the humidity the first 20 some days and what was it the last 3 days? How old were the eggs when you put them in the incubator? Did the eggs hatch on time, early or late?
It is a Repti-pro so I don't know the exact humidity. I try just watching the condensation. The eggs were probably about a week old. They tried hatching on time but I think they went over. After the internal pip, the eggs filled with fluid and drowned the ducklings. It came from inside the membrane. I am shocked I saved two. It took a couple days and a lot of work to get them hatched alive. I have one trying to pip now and it isn't breaking through the shell.

It is a Repti-pro so I don't know the exact humidity. I try just watching the condensation. The eggs were probably about a week old. They tried hatching on time but I think they went over. After the internal pip, the eggs filled with fluid and drowned the ducklings. It came from inside the membrane. I am shocked I saved two. It took a couple days and a lot of work to get them hatched alive. I have one trying to pip now and it isn't breaking through the shell.

Well it kinda sounds like high humidity, BUT we have no way of knowing. If you ran the humidity to high the first 20 some days then it could cause your problem, but so could other things. If you decide to hatch some more can't you find a place in it to put a meter so you can monitor the humidity and adjust as needed.

Well it kinda sounds like high humidity, BUT we have no way of knowing. If you ran the humidity to high the first 20 some days then it could cause your problem, but so could other things. If you decide to hatch some more can't you find a place in it to put a meter so you can monitor the humidity and adjust as needed.
This is what I am talking about. This baby had an internal pip yesterday and was working quite vigorously to get out. Last night before bed, I checked again. No pip but still trying. This morning I candled and the beak was no longer moving. I opened it up to find this.

This is what I am talking about. This baby had an internal pip yesterday and was working quite vigorously to get out. Last night before bed, I checked again. No pip but still trying. This morning I candled and the beak was no longer moving. I opened it up to find this.
I am sure it upsets you, again we do not know what the humidity was, plus you are stating you are doing a lot of handling of the about to hatch eggs---whether that hurts your hatch or not---I can't answer. It would affect them alot here. I use to open the incubator at will even with the first pipping started and I got a very, very low hatch---a LOT of dead in the egg birds like your pic---it took me a while to figure out that was Not working. Now, I monitor the temp/ humidity and when I increase the humidity 3 days before they are due to hatch----My eggs go into Lock-down---Meaning My Incubator WILL NOT be re-opened for ""nothing"" till all the eggs hatch Or 1 day after the due date-------Maybe I do not have to be that strict about opening it, but with 95 to 100% hatch rate for the last 2 years and 1000's and 1000 and 1000's' of chicks hatched----I am not going to change a thing. My last hatch was 2 days ago---my incubator moisture was increased and the incubator was closed the end of day 18-----I reopened it on day 22 took 233 chicks out of 236 eggs. If someone tried to open my incubator during those last 3 days-----I would probably break their arm---LOL----naw but I would be mad.

I am sure it upsets you, again we do not know what the humidity was, plus you are stating you are doing a lot of handling of the about to hatch eggs---whether that hurts your hatch or not---I can't answer. It would affect them alot here. I use to open the incubator at will even with the first pipping started and I got a very, very low hatch---a LOT of dead in the egg birds like your pic---it took me a while to figure out that was Not working. Now, I monitor the temp/ humidity and when I increase the humidity 3 days before they are due to hatch----My eggs go into Lock-down---Meaning My Incubator WILL NOT be re-opened for ""nothing"" till all the eggs hatch Or 1 day after the due date-------Maybe I do not have to be that strict about opening it, but with 95 to 100% hatch rate for the last 2 years and 1000's and 1000 and 1000's' of chicks hatched----I am not going to change a thing. My last hatch was 2 days ago---my incubator moisture was increased and the incubator was closed the end of day 18-----I reopened it on day 22 took 233 chicks out of 236 eggs. If someone tried to open my incubator during those last 3 days-----I would probably break their arm---LOL----naw but I would be mad.
My chicks are hatching well. I have them in a different incubator. Only holds 48, nothing like yours. But my ducks and goslings haven't been doing well so I pulled out my Repti-Pro. I hatched three goslings but they had issues getting out as well. I am ordering a Dickeys next month. I am hoping it gets better. I was locking down and I had a zero hatch rate. So I started checking as all those dead babies was getting to me. I am hoping a better quality incubator will help.

I am just frustrated. Thank you for listening.

My chicks are hatching well. I have them in a different incubator. Only holds 48, nothing like yours. But my ducks and goslings haven't been doing well so I pulled out my Repti-Pro. I hatched three goslings but they had issues getting out as well. I am ordering a Dickeys next month. I am hoping it gets better. I was locking down and I had a zero hatch rate. So I started checking as all those dead babies was getting to me. I am hoping a better quality incubator will help.

I am just frustrated. Thank you for listening.

What kind/breed of duck eggs are you trying to hatch?

Back
Top Bottom