Eggwell Farms - My Experience

abenardini

Songster
7 Years
I posted updates regarding my Ameraucana hatch from Eggwell farms pretty often over the past month, and wanted to share my experience thus far. I ordered what were supposed to be all self-blue birds (18 eggs). Packaging-wise, the eggs were packed VERY well inside of cut up fun noodles inside packing peanuts. Not a single eggs broken or cracked.

When they hatched, I got a mix of blue, white, and a black baby out of the pale blue eggs. I contacted the seller and shared that my eggs hatched out some unexpected non-self blue Ameraucana chicks (also posted on the forum to get second opinions on what I might have received). They do all appear to be true Ameraucanas but not the color I was expecting. Out of the 18 (unfortunately, 10 were scrambled with no fault of the seller and never developed - could tell they were completely scrambled when cracking open on day eight,) 8 hatched perfectly healthy, have slate leg with white bottomed feet, muffs and beards, and do appear to be true to color (aside from my next notes).

I contacted the seller and shared that I did not receive the self-blue bird out of my hatch as expected, he immediately apologized and conveyed that I either was sent a wrong set of eggs (mixed colors) or another Ameraucana rooster was able to get in with his self-blue birds. Either way, he said they'd replace the eggs.

I'm waiting to hopefully receive the replacement eggs this week (shipped tomorrow per the seller,) and will post updates once received here and in the incubation forum when I'm starting up the cycle for the new eggs. I'm hoping I get the Ayam Cemani eggs I ordered from another seller this week too, so I can hatch at the same time.

Got my new eggs today. Again, no breaks - I looked over the air cells via candling and they're not wonderful but neither were the last batch I received. Hoping that none of these are scrambled. Waiting 24 hours to place them in the incubator.

I do LOVE how the seller packs these eggs. I think this is probably the best way to pack hatching eggs.

I'll keep ya'll posted on progress with new pics after a few days of incubation.

image1 (3).jpeg
image0 (7).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom