EGGxpansion

DemonicFowl

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 4, 2014
South Eastern Mass
Gonna be getting some hatching eggs in a few days! 4 silkies, cochin, frizzels and polish chicks. Now Krone and Oats will have a better chance for survival with the winter coming. I hope they like them...and I hope most are hens. I'm cool with possibly having 3 roo's but no more. If I have to many roo's they'll be frees to anyone who wants them :). (MASS)

Got the incubator set up and running. Doing 45-ish the first 18 days and 60-ish the last 3 for humidity. People seem to have good hatch rates at these numbers so I'd figure I'll try'um. Will be keeping an eye on their air patch, just in case I need to make some adjustments *3*

Got the incubator yesterday... so I asked if my sister wanted to come and she did. She wanted to get MC'Ds so I pull up... and took the wrong entrance. Had to go all the way around and put in our order. Missed the first window so I had to back up to it. Started to head down to TSC and again took the wrong exit. Found the right one then got the incubator and left to go home... took the wrong exit to the off ramp so I turned around and found the right one. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DRIVE WHEN IM EGGCITED! I miss exits... :p

*will be posting progress in this section*

*incubator*
little giant incubator placed in room that no one uses.*image doesn't want to load*

*eggs*
*image N/A phone didn't save them :(*
2 Cochin 3 Polish 3 Frizzel and 4 Silkies
*day one start*

Retrieved eggs, worst trip so far in my life!
Placed in incubator in a circle
Rotated twice

*Day two*

Rotated twice

*Day three*

Rotated
Added more water
Temp seems to vary 40-50

Last edited:
Good luck with your hatch! (And your driving sounds exactly like my husband's
wink.png
)

Good to know that I am not alone when it comes to being directionally challenged when my eggs are on my mind!
I had a stove top grease fire a few weeks ago...thinking about making a brooder and if my batch was going to hatch!
Good thing is, is that family has not 'allowed' me in the kitchen for the last two weeks while I wait on my second batch! One more week to go kitchen free!
My ADD hard at 'work'! Pays off in mysterious ways sometimes, go figure.
Best wishes for your latest hatch, and good luck with Point A -to- Point B and back again!
With my luck, I will pass you on the road and not even know it. My record for hypno-driving is over a half an hour! Almost ended up on the side of the road sans gas!

Last edited:
Good to know that I am not alone when it comes to being directionally challenged when my eggs are on my mind!
I had a stove top grease fire a few weeks ago...thinking about making a brooder and if my batch was going to hatch!
Good thing is, is that family has not 'allowed' me in the kitchen for the last two weeks while I wait on my second batch! One more week to go kitchen free!
My ADD hard at 'work'! Pays off in mysterious ways sometimes, go figure.
Best wishes for your latest hatch, and good luck with Point A -to- Point B and back again!
With my luck, I will pass you on the road and not even know it. My record for hypno-driving is over a half an hour! Almost ended up on the side of the road sans gas!

lol, sorry for the late reply didn't seem to get an alert for your comment :/ but got my first chick to hatch :3 today!

As I was playing destiny a long awaited sound snagged my attention. Da peeps! So far the first to hatch. Did not eggspect my frizzle to hatch before my cochin. Chillin hear till a few more hatch. Seems eager to eat :). I'm so eggcited! Got my meat thermometer to watch the temp. Its spot on. Had it in the incubator too.

Back
Top Bottom