Eglu Cube

angels4

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Newburyport/Plum Island, MA
I already have my Eglu, but I really wanted the cube. It arrived two weeks ago and I was finally able to get it put together today. YAY!

40c1bd3b.jpg

6c682100.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I love it too but can't afford the cube
hit.gif
How many chickens can you fit in it?

Quote:
Copied off Omlets website:
Introducing the Eglu Cube
The new eglu cube is the ideal way to keep up to 10 chickens in a town, city or on a hobby farm. It is based on the same revolutionary technology as the original eglu with slide out dropping trays, hose clean surfaces, twin walled insulated, no maintenance and our No Foxes Allowed protection. The eglu cube makes is easy to keep a large number of hens and leaves you with more time to enjoy the pleasures of owning chickens.

Although it says I can keep up to 10, with standard run, I'm only planning on 6 in the cube, and 6 bantams in the Eglu, both of which will be placed in large walkin run.

From what I have read on here that is not going to hold your chickies confortably becuase it is 3 ' and 11.24 " x 2 ' and 9.46 " or 2.78871 ' x 3.93700 ', and 2.78871 ' x 3.93700 ' = 10.97915127 sqft. At the minumum space that I have been told is 3 sqft per bird so 10.97915127 divided by 3 =3.65971709. I am sorry but you can only (under BYC standards) house 3.5 birds. Sorry they duped you by telling you ten and by using centimeters.

The girl who hates math but loves playing with numbers,
Kate

Sure is cute but thanks for the math - I always thought the eglu looked kinda small for 4 chickens also.... seems really tight to put 10 in the cube!

Back
Top Bottom