Eglu Cube?

for $900 you could buy a heavy cart and build a wooden coop and never take it out of cart so it would be movable, and probably have $700 left over. I have about that much in my 8x12 coop, but its not movable, without a flatbed truck that is
big_smile.png

Last edited:
It looks perfect for me if I had wanted more birds. I have a tiny backyard, neighbors nearby and very little time. Not enough time to build a coop and while I have enough time to visit with the birds twice a day (at least! But some days just that), having a nicely made, easy to clean coop and roost is ideal.

I was starting to get really stressed over building a coop and should I even get chickens. We put together one of those play structures over about two months and it was never really square, creaked when the kids swung and quickly got covered in gunk, so I ended up giving it away and putting veggie beds and lawn in that area. What a waste of time and money that was!

The advantages of the Eglu cube over the original are a raised roost, a nice covered area for shade and height in the run (there are run extenders to made it longer too).

Even if available in the US it's too expensive for my needs -- the regular one will do. We only need three birds to have enough eggs and fun animals in the household (well, outside but you know what I mean
smile.png
).

I love the idea of having a plastic coop, seem much easier to clean. I think the normal eglu is so small though for the price, I love the CUBE though! Still very pricey.

How would one go about building one out of plastic at home, is it even possible??

If you can find plastic parts, just build it like you would out of wood I'd assume. I personally don't like the idea of plastic coops myself for reasons of moisture, ventilation, and how our world is already full of tons upon tons of petroleum based plastic that never breaks down.

The Eglu's so easy, safe and warm for them in the winter....had mind with the door open all winter and they were just fine

Back
Top Bottom