Egyptian fayoumi not laying

flock of 5

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
I have a 2 year old fayoumi and she has not laid anything in about 2 or 3 weeks. I live in Littleton, Colorado so temperature can be hot. She has lots of shade. She also has had runny poo white no green in it. She isn't eating very well but is eating. I'm not sure how her drinking is. She is not egg bound I've already checked that. I have Tylan but she seems to be breathing fine. She spends a lot of time in the hen house but not acting like she is brooding. She is usually very talkative and I've not heard a lot from her lately. I am going to try a warm bath tomorrow since she does have a lot of crusty poo by her vent just to clean her up. I also am going to give her some electrolytes to make sure she is hydrated. Is there a way to give de worming to just her. any thoughts or help would be great.

Thank You
flockof5

I wanted to give an update. Zebra is doing better. Yesterday she wouldn't even eat meal worms and today she is and is talking more. I tried Tylan making up a small batch and giving it to her via syringe. I was wondering how long should I continue the Tylan, today is day 2?

not that anyone replied to my posting about Zebra. Well today we woke up and my daughter found her dead. We are so heartbroken. My flock of 5 is now a flock of one just our adopted chicken Blackie is left. Not sure what to do with her at this point since I know they need friends. I have few options but not sure. Such a very sad day for me and my girls :*****(

Back
Top Bottom