Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Ideal male to female ratio for EF? My rooster seems angry that I'm re-homing cockerels right now, which is unusual for a rooster

I've read that EF have a large amount of Ceylon Junglefowl ancestry and they practice polyandry- multiple males to one female

They were sold out of EF's when I placed my order so things didn't turn out I'd planned.
I have a lot of trees and hillside for them to free range on so I'll try to order them again this coming spring. (This is a photo of my crested creme legbars sunbathing in a fenced yard). I've read EF roosters get along better than most roosters so it makes perfect sense he's upset

Attachments

• 20230729_131651 (1).jpg
    20230729_131651 (1).jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi all! My Fayoumis are 4 mo old and the hens are constantly flying over the fence. I have other breeds I have clipped wings and it solves the problem. Will clipped wings help with the EFs escaping or are they just too good at flying? Any advice is appreciated.

Hi all! My Fayoumis are 4 mo old and the hens are constantly flying over the fence. I have other breeds I have clipped wings and it solves the problem. Will clipped wings help with the EFs escaping or are they just too good at flying? Any advice is appreciated.
I've only met one man that clipped the wings of his Fayoumi and he sold them all to me because of how badly it was going for him. I would never clip the wings of any bird, but especially not a feral breed like the Fayoumi that's meant for free-ranging. They need wings to evade predators

I've only met one man that clipped the wings of his Fayoumi and he sold them all to me because of how badly it was going for him. I would never clip the wings of any bird, but especially not a feral breed like the Fayoumi that's meant for free-ranging. They need wings to evade predators
You're right! They'll be more vulnerable to predators outside the fence where they're going to stay anyway.

I got an Egyptian Fayoumis in my white egg layer assortment from MPC today!

Boy was I surprised to see this tiny little nugget in there! All are supposed to be sexed pullets so fingers crossed (sounds like I'll be able to tell very early if she is a he.) I DID wonder if someone had placed a random Bantam in my box because she is the littlest thing, about the sme size as my D 'Uccle were as dy old chicks!.

My Pet Chicken sells these and they keep their flocks with Meyer Hatcheries facilities NOT Hoover. Hoover is the most common supplier for TSC and a completely seperate company with no ties to either MPC or Meyer.

The MPC birds are in the same facilities as Meyer, but they're owned by MpC and are sorted and sexed by MPC employees. (That's why you can get Bantams sexed through MPC but not Meyer, same shipping location but 2 different companies/hatcheries) It's like boarding horses at a breeding facility if that makes sense, lol.
Actually Meyers has sexed bantams all of them are for at least 22 and 23

Back
Top Bottom