Egyptian Fayoumis Thread!

Pics
Got my first Fayoumis egg :)

Cool,I'm wanting to buy some egyptian fayoumis chicks this spring any tips or anything?
[/quote
I got my two from McMurray, and they seem very true to type. Since they are more of a landrace breed, and relatively new to the US, I believe hatchery stock is still mostly ok. As far as raising them, they are very precocious, my roo was crowing in the brooder. They are tough and great foragers, as well as very aware of their surroundings.

I have a couple of chicks that hatched a week ago in CO if anyone is looking. I'm selling the pair and two pullet chicks Sunday, and I have two young cockerels and the two new hatches and a few eggs left that I'll set, and that will be it for me with the Fayoumis. They are wonderful, and if I left them loose all the time I'd probably never have to feed them, I just have too many breeds here.

I got ten of the fayoumis in an ornamental rare pullet mix package from McMurray February 3. I had ordered 50 , and only 13 survived -7 are the Fayoumis! I wasn't sure what they were until today. Such pretty and tough chicks. I won't be keeping them as I prefer the heavies.

I have a friend wanting a single Fayoumi cockerel, any age. I'd like to get it for him.
Would need to be shipped. The weather here in SW Missouri is warming up finally, an older cockerel would be perfect

Last edited:
I got my chicks a few weeks ago. I have six chicks, one of which is Sekmet my Egyptian Fayoumi. Sofar I very much adore her silly personality. Though I have to build her, her own perch (higher up than my other birds) so she will stop pushing them all off of the perch trying to get higher lol. I have read a lot about them being fantastic escape artists and I would like to avoid her escaping the run if at all possible. I have a six foot high, chainlink run fence, I am curious what everyone else uses to keep them in the run? Any tips/advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom