Egyptian Fayoumis?

RocketMan32

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2015
I ordered a batch of chicks for this spring. I live on the farm with my mom. My father passed from cancer and it was to much for her to handle by her self. Anyway I ordered my good egg layers white leghorns. Well my mom just had to order 5 hens egyptian Fayoumis. I have no experience with this breed. Just wondering if anyone has rasied them and have any tips. I let my chickens free range all day and they go in various coops at night for protection. I'm building a third coop for the spring flock and just wondering will these Egyptian hens be a good addition to the farm. Thanks for any feedback. Happy holidays !!

They are very good foragers that are very flighty. You rarely see them, which is a good thing for some people. When I can get mine to lay in the nests I find they are good layers from a young age, like four months old.

Nice thanks for the info. I been reading up on them. I just wanted some advise from someone who's had hands on experience.

I got them straight run, but somehow did not get any boys...but one of my broodies just hatched out a Fayoumi/Icelandic cross today, so maybe it will be a boy. I have a Fayoumi/American Game Bantam cross pullet, too. I love Fayoumis because they remind me of Sebrights but less crazy.

Ya from what I've been reading. There good to have in your free range flock. It's says they spot predators very quickly and warn the flock. I'm excited to work with this bird. Can't wait !!

Egytian Fayoumis hen is top chicken of the other 6 hens i own! Great chickens if you have just a few in a group, if more they could cause trouble with the ones that are non aggressive! and wont defend them self.

Attachments

• IMG_20210105_003547169.jpg
    IMG_20210105_003547169.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom