Egyptian Geese

jockeyeba

Crowing
Nov 27, 2010
San Antonio area
2 Egyptian geese showed up in my back yard a few days ago, they were here then gone but are back today actually on the ground this time eating my feed I put out for my chickens. My question: What do they eat different from what I'm feeding my chickens? I feed fermented feed

We feed our mature Egyptians a 20% poultry pellet, but they will happily eat whatever your chickens are eating.

They are beautiful geese, quiet compared to other breeds of geese and fantastic mothers.

Christie

We feed our mature Egyptians a 20% poultry pellet, but they will happily eat whatever your chickens are eating.

They are beautiful geese, quiet compared to other breeds of geese and fantastic mothers.

Christie

thanks Christie, here are some pictures I took a little while ago, since I know absolutely nothing about geese how do I tell if they are male or female? They look alike to my untrained eye but one is bigger then the other. One of them seemed to be breathing funny & making a sound + it's left wing doesn't seem to tuck up tight like the others does They are letting me get pretty close 4-5 ft from them .

They're still here today, every other time they've disappeared in the afternoon. :ya but what do I do with them if they seem to want to stay tonight? I don't want them to be eaten by the raccoons we always have coming in our yard.

thanks Christie, here are some pictures I took a little while ago, since I know absolutely nothing about geese how do I tell if they are male or female? They look alike to my untrained eye but one is bigger then the other. One of them seemed to be breathing funny & making a sound + it's left wing doesn't seem to tuck up tight like the others does They are letting me get pretty close 4-5 ft from them .

@mothergoose

They're still here today, every other time they've disappeared in the afternoon.
ya.gif
but what do I do with them if they seem to want to stay tonight? I don't want them to be eaten by the raccoons we always have coming in our yard.
They most likely won't stay on the ground when it starts to get dusk. Do you have a spare shed? I am not sure I'd put them with the chickens my geese would probably decimate my chickens if they had to sleep with them.You may be able to lure them into a building with food but make sure to put water with it they have to have water to eat..

They are so pretty. The wing hanging could be from an old injury. Do they hunt them in Texas like Canada's?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom