Eight hatched!

JackieK318

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Missouri
Pics to follow! Hubby is updating me while I'm in class.
cool.png

Ten hatched. Four never developed. One poor little one got turned around after he zipped half the shell. I'm depressed that I didn't open him up this morning when I still saw him working on his shell. He would have been a pretty golden chicken to add to my garden.

So, on a lighter note, here are the pics:
2402658560_64aeabc902.jpg

2402657448_025230a377.jpg

2401825777_a720c01473.jpg

Note the light yellow one on the left above. She is the boss. She comes and pecks at anything that gets in the brooder (new chick, camera, me).

2401824737_1105e2b90d.jpg

Last edited:
YAY!!! I love seeing the babies. How many brown eggs and how many green/blue eggs hatched, Jackie? I was looking at them trying to figure out what each one was but wasn't sure how many you had hatch. I hate that 4 of them didn't hatch. Did they not develop at all? I'll mark it on my records, so I can keep track of my hatchrate.

Keep me posted, girly!

Kelly

Well, the one that passed before he hatched was golden in color and came from the brown egg with speckles on it. One EE didn't hatch (dud), and the other three were light brown eggs that didn't develop at all.

I am not sure what each is since they're mixes. So, I get my own personal chickens that don't look like any other chicken in the world!
big_smile.png

I know they're mixes of BO, Barred Rocks (?) and then EEs.

Back
Top Bottom