Eight month old drakes attacking hens - time to go. Welsh Harlequins

Thanks, Oregon! Wish I was headed your way sometime soon...

Yes, too bad. If you were coming, you could stop in Redding to pick up the geese I have ordered and save me the drive. Then you could ski or play golf when you get here.

As for the vineyard, the drakes aren't attacking people, are they? If you explain the behavior of the drakes and they still want them, go ahead. Maybe with more room and an existing flock, their behavior will change. It doesn't sound to me like they are bad boys. Just the ratios are out of whack in your flock and they are doing what drakes do naturally.

LOL - sounds like a ROAD TRIP! :) Thanks for the advice. I agree that they are not bad boys, there's just too much duck testosterone in the coop.
Yes, too bad. If you were coming, you could stop in Redding to pick up the geese I have ordered and save me the drive. Then you could ski or play golf when you get here.

As for the vineyard, the drakes aren't attacking people, are they? If you explain the behavior of the drakes and they still want them, go ahead. Maybe with more room and an existing flock, their behavior will change. It doesn't sound to me like they are bad boys. Just the ratios are out of whack in your flock and they are doing what drakes do naturally.

Back
Top Bottom