Electric Bill??

we average about $85/mo. 2400sq foot house but it is basically new, 2x6 construction, well insulated. Plus, we don't keep the house at 68. We use CFL bulbs, electronic thermostats and lots of blankets.

2100 sq ft house TV on a lot and computer regular appliances plus 2 freezers for food storage. Complete electric and we are on saving where hot water heater goes off during peak hours 4-7 p 300 in winter and so far 185 this spring our AC has been running alot due to the heat untill the last couple of days.

Quote:
How on earth do you do it?
th.gif
I tried to, but when temps got into the 90's I couldn't handle the heat in the house.

Humidity is high, and I live in a old mobile home - maybe that's the difference? I have trees that shade the house during most of the day. Generally from noon to late evening, the house is like an oven no matter what. I had windows open and box fans in them to try and pull in cooler air.

We've got an older house, built in '62. Could use some serious work as far as cracks under the doors where all the cool air goes etc. But our electric bill in around $100/mo for 2300sq ft.

well, being military and haved lived in goverment sponsored housing we didnt get any bills for gas/water electric the longest time. now we take BAQ and bought a house. So far we only had three bills. They were all around 75$ for electric in our 1048sqf house. The three far bills were 90ish, 173$(cold month and we came from florida) and then 37$. We have double glass windows,a newer AC, furnace... the whole heating/cooling and electric system is less than 10 years old.
I still havent goten around to put energy saver bulbs in everything.

My bill for heat/electric in winter averages $250-$300/mo and my most recent bill due Friday is $212. Yes I have had the A/C running a little, but not much. Next month it will most likely be close to my winter bills with the heat we are having. I have to have my AC sorry, just don't do well without it.

Quote:
Now I'm sitting here, scratching my head and waiting for the other shoe to drop! My highest electric bill this winter was $43 and my lowest one was this last month (actual reading) $13.74!!!!! My mother lives in my state also and hers was around $24! I live in an old farmhouse, heat with wood and no a/c but, still, folks, ya gotta admit these are kind of low! I've NEVER had an electric bill as low as $13.74 in my life! They have been low like this all year. I'm waiting to get the $2000 bill that states, " A mistake was made on your bills this year and you owe us this amount."
th.gif

Quote:
How on earth do you do it?
th.gif
I tried to, but when temps got into the 90's I couldn't handle the heat in the house.

Humidity is high, and I live in a old mobile home - maybe that's the difference? I have trees that shade the house during most of the day. Generally from noon to late evening, the house is like an oven no matter what. I had windows open and box fans in them to try and pull in cooler air.

Not comfortably. I have a 30 yr old 5000 BTU window air unit and when it gets really bad, we turn that on and cool the greatroom some. I hate humidity and heat!

The humidity is horrible here, at the moment. I could probably handle dry heat, but the humidity easily makes it seem like it's over 100 degrees outside and I'd swear it was hotter in the house. I'm running a window unit in the living room and the bedroom, they both get turned on low when we aren't there - just to keep the house from being stifling. Plus I have chicks & mama cats with kittens in the house too that don't need to be baking.

Last month my bill was around $130, during the winter it runs around $70. I do not have central heat or air, so it's window units for a/c and electric space heaters for heat when absolutely necessary or the propane fueled wall heater. This is an old (1980's) mobile home, single wide - 14 x 80.

Our gas and electric are all on one bill. During the winter it gets to about $200/250. We heat with steam radiators. Furnace is gas.
As soon as it hits 60's consistently I turn off the heat. Get a chill, get a sweatshirt. I really have no idea what part of it is electric. But probably not much.
I think last summer it was $100 a month(?)
We had an older a/c unit in the kids room(since updated to a new, smaller one) Now we have three a/c. The one in the living room I turned on at around 1 today and have it set at 72 degrees. Fan in the kitchen. Bed room a/cs go on at night only.
Pool is up and filter is on now.

Last month we got rid of all the lights we never used. We have had those corkscrew bulbs in the house for over a year. We also unplug every applience that isnt always needed and have the tv, dvd,treadmill and game system on a power block we shut off when not in use. Computer also gets shut off when not in use.

honestly, I dont bother looking at the bill. One way or another it needs to be paid. Although,, it would be nice to see how the changes we have made have affected the bill

Back
Top Bottom