Electric blankets

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
I am new to using an electric blanket. Do people put a light blanket on top of the electric blanket to keep the heat in? Do you tuck the electric blanket in at the foot of the bed or leave it loose? Anything I should know? Thank you.

If it’s an electric blanket for your bed (and a similar one to what my grandma has) then she puts hers directly on top of her mattress then puts the fitted base sheet over the top of it. She doesn’t lie directly on the electric blanket. She also turns it off before she goes to sleep, just putting it on an hour or so before she goes to bed to warm it up :)

This one is to go on top of the top sheet and not directly on the mattress. You sleep under it not on top of it. That much I know. Not much else though. I do know what sort of blanket you are talking about. This one is not one of those. I do like being able to get into a warm bed and not having to deal with freezing cold sheets anymore. I am just not sure whether to tuck it in at the foot or not or if most people put a blanket on top of the electric one.

This one is to go on top of the top sheet and not directly on the mattress. You sleep under it not on top of it. That much I know. Not much else though. I do know what sort of blanket you are talking about. This one is not one of those. I do like being able to get into a warm bed and not having to deal with freezing cold sheets anymore. I am just not sure whether to tuck it in at the foot or not or if most people put a blanket on top of the electric one.

Oh right I’ve never heard of those ones!

I’m guessing you just do whichever you think works best for how you sleep?

I know some people hate having their main blanket tucked in and rather be able to move it freely where as others like being wrapped up like they are in air tight packaging 😅

As long as there is no warnings on it about not doing that then try both ways, try a blanket on top too. If it’s too hot, take it off I guess!

I am new to using an electric blanket. Do people put a light blanket on top of the electric blanket to keep the heat in? Do you tuck the electric blanket in at the foot of the bed or leave it loose? Anything I should know? Thank you.
I think wrapping them around the roost bar might work.

Back
Top Bottom