Electric Fence Chargers

I completely second patandchickens recommendation to call Premier 1. You will get all kinds of advice on electric fences (I've even given it myself) but fencing is what they do for a living and they know their stuff. They will take into account everything you are wanting to fence in or out and then tell you exactly what I need.

I called them out of the blue a couple years ago for help in designing an permanent electric fence to keep brown bears out of a camp. It has worked like a dream. They knew exactly what would work (although I think I had them stumped for a few seconds when I told them what I was fencing out!)

Best of luck!

I just have to jump in on the solar powered electric fence. We had no choice but to use a solar powered fence on our 40 acres. (Note: we don't have the whole thing fenced with the electric fence so that may make a difference?) I had a 2200 lb. Belgian colt that went through every fence he saw until we put up the electric one. He touched that once and literally never went by the fence again. He was kept totally contained for four years (I had to sell him) by our solar fence. We always have weeds growing up around the fence and it's never been a problem at all.

We have the Parmak brand rated for 25 miles and have been very happy with it for the last five plus years.

Back
Top Bottom