Electric hen not working!!!!!!!!! Anyone else had a problem with theirs?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lynnR, Jan 19, 2012.

1. lynnR

lynnR Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    Foula, Shetland
    If anyone came to my house right now I would fear for their head [​IMG]and they would think I had severe Tourettes.

The past 2 days my 8 chicks, hatched Jan 6th, have been all cold looking (hunched up). They were quiet so I thought maybe they'd been out from under the lecky hen for a while and didn't think much of it. After all, the light on the 'hen' was on so it was working. NOT!!!!!!! I've just checked on them to find them all huddled in the opposite corner from the 'hen' and when I put one under, it made such a racket and popped back out and huddled with the rest again. I put my hand under the 'hen' only to discover it was stone cold. The dog immediately sensed my RAGE and went to her bed [​IMG] but the cat decided he really wanted to wrap himself around my legs meowing and purring. Not good when you're rushing to put on the kettle to fill a hot-water bottle, I almost ended up face first through the kitchen door.

It is a small Brinsea EcoGlow 20 Chick Brooder. As I said, the light was on but there was no heat what so ever. I've had it just under a year but the guarantee was only for 6 months. Has anyone else had this problem with this (or another) brooder?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by