Electric netting

I love mine! It's easy to move, and keeps most of them in
smile.png
It won't protect from ariel predators of course.

I'm more of a www.premier1supplies.com fan , but it is good stuff as long as you are willing to respect its idiosyncrasies (make REAL sure you keep the grass under it mowed extremely short, which will entail frequently taking down the fence during fast grass-growth season, but it is real easy to take down and put back up) and hook a GOOD charger up to it (they require considerably more current than you may be used to for a tape or 'normal' wire electric fence). Remember electronet won't protect vs hawks.

Have fun,

Pat

Last edited:
Quote:
are you the one who emailed my mom today? She works at Kencove is a major seller there
smile.png
She said someone emailed her about being on byc, mentioning Kencove on BYC and loving the product.
smile.png
I told mom I'd go on and find whoever it was and say thanks
tongue.png

Anyone know how the chickens would not get hurt by this type fencing?...
frow.gif

I would be very interested in it , if it`s chick safe.
thumbsup.gif

Electronet does not generally hurt chickens. A bird that gets stuck in it and can't escape may be killed, as with any other kind of animal. Or a very, very unlucky one, especially on wet ground.

But in general, a) chickens avoid touching it, being not *entirely* stupid, and b) they are much less electrically conductive than most other animals, having insulating feathers and making only poor contact with the ground, so all other things being equal a chicken will not get zapped as hard as you or your dog if it should touch the fence.

Pat

Back
Top Bottom