Electric netting

yep, I meant the enigizer. I'm not sure how strong mine is but its a lot stronger than the reccomended strength and its still not too strong of a zap when touched but enough to keep the animals in.

by 'recommended strength' do you mean what the manufacturer or Premier recommended based on information you gave them about your individual setup? Or do you mean according to the 'energizes x miles of fence' thing on the fencer's box or advertising copy?

If the latter, be aware that's TOTALLY bogus -- it has nothing whatsoever to do with how much fence *any* energizer will be sufficient for under real world conditions. Nobody should pay the least bit of attention to that in fencer descriptions
tongue.png

Choosing a fence energizer is really not at all a simple thing. You can do a whole bunch of calculations, some requiring information that's hard to get a hold of and also information that requires an informed guesstimate based on your soil and climate conditions... or you can call Premier and get an equally- or more-intelligent guesstimate, from people who really know their stuff, without having to lift a pencil or a calculator yourself.

Having done it successfully both ways I would have to recommend the phone method as being far more sensible
wink.png

Pat

I bought a 2 mile fencer for 300 feet of netting and this did not work at all so I replaced it with a 10 mile fencer. I guess you are right; the mileage discription is entirely worthless. I bought my neeting from the feed store, I don't remember the brand but its not premier. The fence so far has worked fine but it doesn't look like it was built to last all that long. My neighbors have premier fencing and it is a much better product.

We had six strand hotwire fence. I say had b/c it worked for about a month until one goat decided it didn't care about getting shocked, and the others followed. We use cattle panels now and no longer have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom