electric netting

Moonsyth, my plan is to make it 10 feet wide and 72 feet long, I will divide it with a piece of chicken wire framed on 1x2 's to prevent them from leaving thier 10 x 24 for area. Every two days move the divider to move them too a new 10x24 area which will give me 6 days per set up. I plan on having a second fence set up just like it at the then so when they are ready to be moved on the 6th day move them into it. The divider works also like a hearder so to speak. Also I plan on having a portable shelter which I can lock them up in at night and move it with my tractor to the next spot. It is on lawn mower wheels so it is easy to move. Now this is all in my head! LOL I want to get away from chicken tractors as that is allot of work moving them all the time. I am looking at doing 50 at a time like this. I am just wondering what everyone thinks and if it will work or not. All ideas are appreciated!

It is hard to make pictures on here but this is what I am thinking, sectioning it off and them moving them to new section every 2 days. A 10X24 area should be good for two days for 50 birds. What do you guys think?

I I I
_______I_________ I______________I

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom