**Electric skillet method-*Open for further questions-starting page 26

Sorry, I meant 21. I am not hatching any ducks. That was a typo on my end. I am actually using the egg carton method in side so as to not place them directly on the element the bottom of the pan.

I may actually place a washcloth in there too and I am now getting the humidity up. Right now its at 102 and I am bringing it down to 100-101. Once I have that stabilized, I am adding the eggs. Let's see how this one goes.

I've read about using a skillet in Hobby Farms or some other chicken mag. They fill it with pin shavings and dampen the shavings to hold humidity and to keep the eggs off of the heat source. Never tried it myself, but it was an article about what to do in an emergency when the hen leaves the nest.

Good luck..I hope you have success.
jumpy.gif

Jody

I had never thought of the wood chips! Oooooh that is interesting and I have a bag close by. I am trying to get the humidity up but its being pokey.

I am between 100 and 101 on temp. I am trying to get it to stay constant so I can prepare it for the eggs. I am soooooooo glad Farmer Kitty placed this topic up. It saved me from having to shell out for another incubator I am only going to use once.
wee.gif

Ok, so the temp is stabilized at 100 and humidity is on the rise. This is going great! I am getting my egg cartons ready and will be placing them in tonight when the humidity reaches in the 60% range. It's at 53 and rising so that is great.

I am trying for 101 since its kind of a "still air" if you will
tongue.png
so this was by far the best incubator idea I have seen.

I was going to use a Styrofoam cooler, but the electrical to it seemed complicated and with day 18 approaching tonight, I didn't want to risk it like that.

Now, where is my camera so I can get that pic in?

Quote:
I had the non slip pad in there but, I just added a towel underneath. I did a quick candle and the one I candled shown just like one out of the fridge. Wouldn't it be dark if it cooked? I hope that is the case!

Quote:
Good, you can let me know if I'm doing something wrong!
What, you don't have enough bators?

Last edited:
I have maintained 100 degrees, give or take some .00's, and the humidity reached 61% now.

I have been trying to think of ways to keep the eggs off the bottom directly. I am putting them in a carton, but I think a towel should do the trick. I am glad you mentioned that Farmer Kitty, since I was thinking of putting hardware cloth like my LG, but I don't have any.

I am watching this closely as I don't want any fried eggs.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom