Electrolytes for meat birds

WVDan44

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
MD
One of the sites said to use electrolytes in the water. Do you all use this and what is the best kind for these meat birds. I take it most of the stuff i will jneed I can get at Tractor Suppley or Southern States then? Thank you.

If when they first get shipped to you and they seem stressed or not thriving then it would be good to give them some for a few 2-3 day's, or just add some sugar to their water. If they seem fine and are eating and drinking well then I wouldn't add any and they should be fine. Most folks who are unfamilar with meat birds may assume they aren't thriving cause they don't move around much and like to bunch up. Meat birds are not like other breeds they don't flitter around and chirp insesantly, they prefer to be couch potatoes, they will eat thier fill drink some stay close to the feeders, nap some then eat & drink some more, it's what they do and it's how they are able to grow big and fast. They are not foo-foo house chickens with names and aprons, they are big fat lazy don't mess with me kinda birds and are very happy to be left alone to get fat and tasty.

Quote:
I don't actually have anything useful to say except I really enjoyed your post. Very descriptive imagery!
lol.png
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom