ELECTROLYTES how much?

Thanks for the replies. At this point I am wondering if I need to use it at all. From reading the posts I understood that people add it to chickens water to help them deal with the heat. It appears more of a supplement for chickens that are not well. My two girls are fine and eating normally. It's the heat factor here that I am concerned about. Temp is 95F with a heat index of 102. I have a box fan on them, run a water mister during the hottest part of the day and the run is covered with reflective insulation to keep it cool. The temp gauge shows 95F at the hottest time of the day. Do I need to add electrolytes?
The chickens I have are two Barred Rocks now 12 weeks old.

I wouldn't bother, but I don't think it would be wrong to do it. The only time I use it consistently is for a chicken with diarrhea (causes loss of electrolytes through the GI tract), and for the first few days of baby chickdom, when the chicks came in a box from a hatchery.

I don't knowif you can mix it with cider vinegar, it may change the chemical compostion. Someone with more chemistry knowledge should be able to tell you.

Quote:
Hi, I called Agri Labs because I'm not the best at math,lol. I wanted to hear it straight from them.

They said 1 teaspoon to 5 gallons of water.The weather has been very hot here & I keep some mixed up in the fridge.

Any of the other companies yall mentioned, give them a call & get the correct measurements.Better safe than sorry.
smile.png

I wouldn't mix V&E with vinegar,IMO.

Miriam
smile.png

Thank you! You know I must admit I didn't think of calling them. I feel comfortable enough now to try it as it's just getting hotter here in Alabama by the day.
Where are you?

Quote:
Chuckzoo, I've been using the V&E for this past week, it really seems to have made a differance in my babies so far. Seems like their not panting near as much, and also seem a bit more active in this heat. Not as drained.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom