Ellie's Flock!

Pics
So today, I finally got to start putting up the new roof over our run! I had some help (cough a lot cough) to get the first couple beams down, and into the ground. I would have taken some pictures, but the coops a mess and muddy from all the rain. I live in a swampy-ish area, and my solution to a muddy coop is to throw leaves in there. Festive.

I also started to plan for a new coop in the summer from an old swingset. A new coop for more chickens... perhaps next year? ;) It could fit 5-6 chickens very comfortably. But for now, I think focusing on the OG coop is best.

So today, I finally got to start putting up the new roof over our run! I had some help (cough a lot cough) to get the first couple beams down, and into the ground. I would have taken some pictures, but the coops a mess and muddy from all the rain. I live in a swampy-ish area, and my solution to a muddy coop is to throw leaves in there. Festive.

I also started to plan for a new coop in the summer from an old swingset. A new coop for more chickens... perhaps next year? ;) It could fit 5-6 chickens very comfortably. But for now, I think focusing on the OG coop is best.
Good for you! :woot

Good for you! :woot
Thanks! Feeling pretty productive! (as I forgot I had science homework oops) And the chickens liked it too, since they got over four hours of free-ranging. One of the old gals seemed to disapprove of the building by clucking pretty loud, probably thinking that we are spoiling the little nuggets and they haven't and will never fully experience the harsh New England winters with a fully roofed run. Maybe that's true. Or maybe I'm just really lazy and hate shoveling out the coop every two hours. I don't know. :lau:lau

Tomorrow, I have no classes, so besides going to the barn to ride, I might do some more coop cleaning. I also need to get some more (cough a lot more) wood shavings, because I think the ground is even muddier and the leaves aren't really doing anything. Also, the darn nuggets pushed the NEW wood shavings out the coop (and not on the mud puddles :mad:)so there isn't a lot left in there. Darn.

Back
Top Bottom