Elliot and Victoria

You did find her maybe there are more out there, are u sure she's a she? Just asking. I'm not questioning your ability to specifi gender

Oh no I'm not offended
1f606.png
yes Rosie is female. I'm still puzzled how an Aussie ended up in NY, no one has swans around here besides me, and id never even seen another Aussie around here.

Oh well it all worked out I'm glad u found her, does she ever let u pet her? Are you the only thing she likes?

She let's me touch her occasionally but she really doesn't like anything except three of my pekins called Jalepeño, Charm and Derpy. She sticks with them most times.

Wonderful Rosie has you to care for her and I repeat she and the other swans and animals have a great home. So far my Black Aussie Swans get along ok with the peafowl. 3 peahens fly into Gracie and Gunther's yard and they've not been upset or chased them yet. Might be different if the free range peacock goes in....we'll see. My other peafowl, White, Silver Pied, Pied, Cameo and Green species are all in very large aviaries.

Question: Does Rosie suffer any in the New York cold climate? Does she get in the water when it's cold? I had a swan rescue person tell me if temperatures drop below 40 degrees I should shut my aussie swans in a garage or other building for warmth. Mine have a house with heat lamp but prefers to be in the run where no warmth exists. It's been as low as 26 degrees.

Thanks much.

Wonderful Rosie has you to care for her and I repeat she and the other swans and animals have a great home.  So far my Black Aussie Swans get along ok with the peafowl.  3 peahens fly into Gracie and Gunther's yard and they've not been upset or chased them yet.  Might be different if the free range peacock goes in....we'll see.  My other peafowl, White, Silver Pied, Pied, Cameo and Green species are all in very large aviaries. 

Question:  Does Rosie suffer any in the New York cold climate?  Does she get in the water when it's cold?  I had a swan rescue person tell me if temperatures drop below 40 degrees I should shut my aussie swans in a garage or other building for warmth.  Mine have a house with heat lamp but prefers to be in the run where no warmth exists.  It's been as low as 26 degrees. 

Thanks much.

Rosie and the other swans (and ducks, geese, chickens and all other outside animals) have seperate large pen (swans are together, ducks together... Ect.) with access to water. Rosie likes to get in the water when it's cold, but she sleeps in the pen at night. Elliot and Victoria have a heated water pond.

It's -3 degrees (Fahrenheit) here today! Ducks are sure not moving, they've all come inside today :)

Rosie and the other swans (and ducks, geese, chickens and all other outside animals) have seperate large pen (swans are together, ducks together... Ect.) with access to water. Rosie likes to get in the water when it's cold, but she sleeps in the pen at night. Elliot and Victoria have a heated water pond.

Heated Water Pond!! They have the best of all worlds for sure. You certainly do offer them the best. Good for you. Well, I'm open to that on extremely cold days/nights. So Elliot and Victoria sleep in the water nights? Any chance you will "PLEASE" post a few pictures of their heated pond? I'm still contemplating the best way to set up a pond for them. What do you heat the pond with. Guess there are pond heaters. I do have electric out at the pens but not sure it would be adequate for a heater. Wish you live next door to me....I'd let Gracie and Gunther live with you and just visit them.
smile.png

This is Gracie at 2 months old and Gunther, 4 months. They are about a year old now. I need to take some more pictures of them.

Awww very pretty, they're heated pond is about an acre, and it's penned in. I'll post pics In a bit, I'm running some errands at the moment. The ducks are in the heated pond in winter too. There are higher grass lands for the ducks to get away from the swans when they want. I love Gunther and Grace, they are very beautiful!

Awww very pretty, they're heated pond is about an acre, and it's penned in. I'll post pics In a bit, I'm running some errands at the moment. The ducks are in the heated pond in winter too. There are higher grass lands for the ducks to get away from the swans when they want. I love Gunther and Grace, they are very beautiful!

Wow, an acre heated pond? I can't even imagine creating something like that. Is it naturally heated some how? You say penned in. Is it just fenced or does it actually have a top on it as well?

Back
Top Bottom