1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Elliot Pheasants yes or no

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by adriano, Sep 25, 2009.

1. adriano

adriano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Ireland
    Hi i have been offered a pair of elliot pheasants.

But another breeder has told me to avoid them as the male will be very aggressive towards the hen.

Has anyone any advise on keeping them and what they need and would the male be the same as a Reeve male with a hen in aggresive ways or more.

Thanks

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    It depends on the bird.Some not all reeves,silvers and eliots can be aggressive.If thats the breed you want,get another hen and make a trio.This way during breeding season (if he is aggressive)he is spreading the aggression to 2 birds and not 1 bird.I have a trio and my male has never shown any aggres[​IMG]sion at all.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    We have a pair. They do not seem to be as bad as the reeve's but I have not had mine during the breeding season so I am not sure. Mine are a little skittish, but are warming up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by