Ello Moto

thederekharper

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not entirely, i had two chickens in the past. (A rooster and a female chicken)
I was 5 years old, my mother decided it was a great birthday present for my twin sister and i and she bought them off a swap meet.
Suffice to say, those chickens lived for about 5 years until a dog tried to kill the female, so the male chicken poked the dog's eye and killed it.
And long story short, they both died eventually.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

One male rooster, he's been with me for two and a half weeks, though in baby chicks weeks, perhaps 3 or 4.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Uh.. Which one's the one with the yellow feathers? XD

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google mostly, finding out what happened to my chick (Recently got crushed by a fridge's door.)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Website design (I create social media websites and freelance jobs for small companies.)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

At the moment there's not much to share.
I recently bought Mr. Chocobo (My baby chick) about two and a half weeks ago because i have seasonal depression
and knew from experience, that a baby chick will cheer me up. (They're loyal birds.)

This chick has not only cheered me up, but it also made us closer as a family since my brothers, twin, mother and i love this little fellow.
he's so cute and cuddly and of course, loving to everyone.

Greetings from Kansas, thederekharper, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Best wishes to you and your new flock! Hope the fridge door chick is okay!

Nice to meet ya! I'm young, but I've owned chickens for several years running. I have around forty chickens and my dog killed one of them a couple days ago while a hawk beat up another one about a week ago. Not a happy person. -_- At all. Anyways, welcome to the club!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
animals are great for lifting spirits, have you tried using an Ott light for S.A.D.? I used to get that way in summer - most people have it during fall/winter.

Greetings from Kansas, thederekharper, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Best wishes to you and your new flock! Hope the fridge door chick is okay!

I was worried more about the chick haha, but he's doing well. -- Flying and walking around like always. -- Mostly flying, he doesn't stop attempting that LOL

Nice to meet ya! I'm young, but I've owned chickens for several years running. I have around forty chickens and my dog killed one of them a couple days ago while a hawk beat up another one about a week ago. Not a happy person. -_- At all. Anyways, welcome to the club!
big_smile.png

Holy crap, you're my hero for having that many chickens haha. -- I can only have one or two in my apartment (if the lady finds out, she might try to kick him out. Joke's on her, Chickens/Roosters are birds!) -- You should be careful with dogs/cats/hawks, they're always trying to kill chickens for some reason :(

No kidding. I've raised chickens since I was eleven, but I've never had a problem with hawks 'till last week. Now I lost one, and another's still healing.
barnie.gif

My cats are terrified of the chickens because I had a fierce rooster a couple years back. Now they won't go near them.
big_smile.png
Good luck with that lady!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom