Embarrassing>>ringworm! how do you get rid of it?

Betadine or Vandodine works super quick, just apply it once or twice every day until you see the redness and/or scabbiness/scaliness go away and hair starting to grow back also make sure to wash up really good or wear gloves ringworm is easy to catch.

Quote:
Athletes foot and ringworm are the same fungus. The one time I had ringworm, I used the over the counter cream for athletes foot and it worked. Teatree oil and keeping the area dry or dusting it with DE will also work.

DB

Last edited:
i was going to mention Tea Tree oil as well. Wiped over a couple times a day. That stuff is awesome. If you know anyone who sells Melaeluca products they have a form in a thick gel disk that is great. You could probably find it on ebay too.

I also used the athlete's foot cream - the cheaper store brand - for ringworm infection on a foundling kitten. It nearly had no hair at all, among other problems. Several times a day, I gently washed the kitten all over with a warm wet washcloth, then rubbed it down with the cream. By the end of the month it had its hair back, put on all the missing weight and got itself adopted into the house by kissing up shamelessly to DH and DS.
and the kids have mysteriously managed to get it occasionally at other times, treated same way.

Quote:
Tea tree oil causes neuological problems in dogs though, especially if he licks it off. I wouldn't use it.

My vet told me to use athleats foot cream on my kittens when they had it (they came to me as strays), but I think the blue stuff works a lot faster.

I am not sure where you can get it anymore, around here you can get it at Concord Pet (you may not have those where you are) Any way this stuff works! We call it the miracle medicine because it works on numerous things including common warts on your fingers or hands...within days!

It is called Micro Tek made by EQyss Grooming Products.

The front of the bottle I have says Maximum strength STOPS Fungal, Viral, Bacterial Skin Problems.

Here is the link. This stuff is great from numerous things, it was gentle enough for me to use on my 5 year olds face when she had 3 warts on her face and chin last year. It is non-toxic and smells like sunscreen. Like I said, it is expensive, but it is awesome stuff for all kinds of skin problems including ringworm!

http://www.eqyss.com/skin_problems.asp

ETA: I applied it with a Q-tip, it will last for ever when you apply it that way. I did not use the gel, I used the spray form, but like I said, I applied it with a Q-tip instead of spraying.

Last edited:
Ringworm is NOT a big deal...

My own daughter who is now 7, had Ringworm from the time she 2, to the time she was 5. Gross huh?
We just COULDN'T get rid of it. We took her to the Dr.s so many times, SO many different prescriptions, nothing worked.

Finally in desperation, I went to a homeopathic Dr. who suggested we use Collodial Silver on it. CS beads up and rolls off of skin instead of absorbing right into it, so on my daughter who only had 2-4 spots at a time, we just put the drops of CS onto a band-aid and then onto the Ringworm spots.

I'm not sure how you would use it on a Dogs stomach, but maybe orally would work, many people take CS orally and we've used it in animals in the rescue orally as a natural antibiotic.

Just don't overdo it, it can make your/his skin turn grey.

Also on Tea Tree Oil, it is harsh on the liver when used straight and for this reason I wouldn't use it straight on skin at all.

Shame on me! I have used everything that y'all mentioned that I had! I used ACV, gention violet, bleach and tea tree oil! Not excactly in that order.
But, I have to say it dried up almost overnight!
I'll let y'all know how it changes.

Rubbing alcohol will also kill it. That is why witch hazel works. It is very easy to kill, and not anything to be ashamed of at all.

Back
Top Bottom