Embryos dead in egg.??.

yuaan

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 22, 2013
I am in tears at the moment but I can not help this as I have placed eggs in mini Eco brinsea incubator ( waste of money) , the temperature is not staying steady . 2 days ago when I woke up the temperature went down to 36 . I am very angry on brinsea people as I have rang them up and they have said that the incubator needs repairing , but I have eggs in them .
Today is the 7th day of eggs being incubated , the temperature has never been steady on this flipping incubator so I was not optimistic about hatching although I really really wanted to have baby chicken and my son is even more anxious about them to come out.
So today when I have candled the eggs , some eggs have slow embryo movement compare to day 5 and the other I could not spot any movement .
Second) on the eggs it seems to look like that the embryo are stuck on one side as the half part of the egg is clear and the other part has dark
Mass . On some of them I can see eyes moving inside but on others I can not. As I have been candling them from day 3 I have noticed that some eggs are developing rather slower and the some are fast .
You guys can to believe that how sad and heart broken I am . I am so angry that I feel like binning the incubator but when I think about eggs I stop as do not k now how many are alive and how many will die

I never see any movement when I candle. But they all hatch. 95.5 f, or 37.5 c is the ideal temp throughout 21 days of incubation. Deep breath..all is well. :thumbsup

Tweety : thanks for your support and I was in tears as when I did the candling . I started of by 12 eggs after 3 days when I candled them 3 were empty and then I was left with 9 living eggs.
I think I am being too possessive about eggs but it is killing me from inside.the temperature has to be adjusted constant as it come times goes up and down by about 0.3 .
I have just candled again the eggs and to my surprise I was wrong all of the eggs have movement in them but some of them are moving slightly faster than the others.

If I tell you the development stages which I have gathered so far by candelling the eggs can you tell whether they are developing ok.
Day 3 I started to see tiny heart beating and small veins attached .
Day 4 the heart was beating and the veins got bigger and started to see tiny tiny eye moving here and there
Day 5 same as day 4
Day 6 the eggs has lots of veins all over and the eye had done bigger and the embryos moving here and there.
But today ( I could be wrong) day 7 the one half side of the egg look darker then the other side as it look like mass on one side and some times I picked slight movement . is it normal for the chick to start moving slower as he gets older . Other thing the mass I have seen stayed one one side as I moved the eggs but the eye embryo moved a bit .

If I tell you the development stages which I have gathered so far by candelling the eggs can you tell whether they are developing ok.
Day 3 I started to see tiny heart beating and small veins attached .
Day 4 the heart was beating and the veins got bigger and started to see tiny tiny eye moving here and there
Day 5 same as day 4
Day 6 the eggs has lots of veins all over and the eye had done bigger and the embryos moving here and there.
But today ( I could be wrong) day 7 the one half side of the egg look darker then the other side as it look like mass on one side and some times I picked slight movement . is it normal for the chick to start moving slower as he gets older . Other thing the mass I have seen stayed one one side as I moved the eggs but the eye embryo moved a bit .
They're developing normally but you shouldn't candle too much, especially after day 18. What country are you from?

Back
Top Bottom