Emerald Pied Spaldings

Quote:
Deerman let me know the percentage of the offspring in the orginal photo, since I'm doing it incorrect as you stated.

I thought with the father being 87.5 % on a hen that is 62.5 % the offspring would be 75%. But let me know what the true pecentage is and how you get that figure.

if the hen is 5/8 then you are correct.....i just though with your post before when you ask 7/8 X 1/2 the hen was 1/2. and it that case its not.

Randy anyway man your 7/8 is worth alot more if people know him as a 7/8 than a emerald'

The chicks if the mother is 5/8 and father is 7/8 then yes they are 3/4. or emerald .

Your male you bought 7/8 right...........now under the old name he is just a emerald same as a 3/4 is a emerald.

Its a given that any bird 3/4 is the old name emerald...but so are the 7/8 ,15/16, 31/32, and even 63/64.

You even called your male a 7/8 , so why not call those chicks 3/4 .

Oh yes you have some grand looking birds......IMO still think you are better calling the birds by % lot better...just like your 7/8 better call him that than a emerald......i just think we need to drop some the old terms ,emerald ,oaten, buffs, and hard one for me blackshoulder.

Emerald worked when not many birds were higher than 3/4

Oaten ,buffs , old name for blackshoulder spaldings

Blackshoulder......is the worse and i even have hard time changing. ONLY a few colors have blackshoulders , purple are brownshoulders, opals are silver(grey)shoulders

Blackshoulder=solid wing

Randy I'm old school too.......IMO reason these terms need changed ,old ones drop......best for the new people to the peafowl world.

I myself have a hard time dropping these old terms, think it say more how long we have been breeding peafowl than anything.

Like another old term ....when i was a youngn'.........you saw someone in a happy mood .....your GAY today......can't use gay that way now.

Back
Top Bottom