Emergency 🚨 baby quail has some kind of tumor

Yusuf123

Chirping
Oct 15, 2020
Hello all. I m Hatching baby quail, when I was puting One of the quails in the brooder. It was rolling over couldn’t walk for more then 5 seconds without falling. I Turned him around and his stomach was filled with air I think, it’s almost twice the size of a normal baby quail stomach. I gave him 1 more day in the incubator. He’s all fluffed up really cute but still falls when he walks and Im really scared his stomach will pop. He is 1,5 days old. He also had hard time hatching I helped him a tiny bit. He haven’t ate yet. I cannot post a pictrue because you won’t see it you cannot notice it. What should I do? ( I’m not culling him/her) please help.

Last edited:
If it's air, than its not a tumor.
It might go down on it own, or you need to do minor surgery with a scalpel, so start preparing for that. I'll see what I can find on this and I'll be back
I'm sorry but the hard fact is that you must accept that culling will probably be the best option in many cases when raising animals, to keep a suffering animal alive is cruel and selfish.
Hopefully, we'll help this chick to prevent that.

If it's air, than its not a tumor.
It might go down on it own, or you need to do minor surgery with a scalpel, so start preparing for that. I'll see what I can find on this and I'll be back
I'm sorry but the hard fact is that you must accept that culling will probably be the best option in many cases when raising animals, to keep a suffering animal alive is cruel and selfish.
Hopefully, we'll help this chick to prevent that.
thanks. Even though I have 35 quail now I never culled one before. Yesterday I became broke because I brought 2 sick little quail to the vet so he puts them down

Back
Top Bottom